Happy Birthday to me! Today is my birthday and after arriving home from a celebration of Brunch at the famous Broadmoor Hotel and Spa in Colorado Springs, I’m taking the first step to making a “to-do” plan for my blog. An outline for the week, some time blocking, some goals, all steps to grow my blog.
In other words, GET ORGANIZED and stick to it. Each Sunday I will make a plan for for the upcoming week post that outline here. The purpose is to keep myself accountable. By the time you see this post, you will be seeing that plan and the accomplishments from that week.
After all, as goal-setting experts advise, put it out there, it helps with accountability.
Grow My Blog: Cooking On The Ranch. Western Flair, Rocky Mountain Air…Let’s Cook
RESEARCH DAILY MEAL CULINARY CONTENT NETWORK
I was contacted by The Daily Meal to Join their Culinary Content Network. I’ve left a message to find out more and haven’t received a return phone call. I did however receive some written material that will probably suffice. I’ve studied this material, and it may be a good opportunity to drive traffic.
WATCH VIDEO FROM SIMPLE PIN MEDIA: http://www.simplepinmedia.com/how-to-monetize-pinterest-traffic-with-ads/
A lengthy video but worth the watch. Valuable to learn:
- CPC — Cost-per-click — You want these in your post!
- CPM — Cost-per-mill — How much you are paid per 1000 people who see the ad. Make money on traffic even if you don’t have clickable ads.
- CPA — Cost-per-action — Magazine or subscription service ads. Avoid these in your sidebar.
APPLY FOR BLOGHER NETWORK
I’ve read that they pay better commissions but are hard to get in. I’ve placed widget on side board and now I wait.
These are the ads I’ve placed so far on my blog. Income.
- 1 small banner ad in center of post
GOURMET ADS: CPM
- 1 ad on sidebar
- 1 banner ad above blog
AFFILIATE PARTNER AMAZON: Commission
- 1 square ad at bottom of post
I’m new at partnering with Affiliates. Starting out slow.
- Commission Junction, Amazon Affiliate
I’d like to join the closed Facebook Group, Culinary Content Network. I’ sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday 4/2. Follow up if you’ve not heard back.
LEARN HOW TO SAVE A POST FROM MY PERSONAL PAGE TO USE ON MY BUSINESS PAGE TO INCREASE FOLLOWERS. Easy, under the pull down menu on the post, just click save. When you repost to your business page, copy and paste link, then remove link and add a comment if you wish.
I had lunch with a prospective client. A coincidence, she used to write a food blog. She told me that she let her url accidentally expire through GoDaddy and lost over 250 posts. After a phone call to GoDaddy they indicated they couldn’t help her retrieve them … they were gone. Now that’s a horror story, and she admits it was totally her fault, as she had changed her email and hadn’t updated with GoDaddy. Sign in to GoDaddy and make sure credit card and email information is up to date.
VISIT GO-DADDY AND MAKE SURE ALL MY INFORMATION IS UP TO DATE. RGB FOR PEACH FONT: DE632F – build text heading blocks in Canva.
TRANSFER SAVE-WORTHY RECIPES TO PERMANENT RECIPE DATABASE.
I’d like to decrease my bounce rate. To do that I need to keep people on my site longer. Study Pinterest statistics, find popular post for the week and edit that post to direct to a similar recipe or “make it a meal” complimentary recipe.
Hatch Green Chile Pasta 4/1 Coors Field Chorizo Dog, Opening Day 4/8 The Bee Cheese
- “Spring” Sunday Supper – April 17, Colorado Creme dessert
- Stubbs Promotion, BBQ Chicken breast with chop salad
- Breakfast enchiladas
- PINTEREST – On remote with Boardbooster and Tailwind
- GOOGLE+ – Add two old posts to my blog collection.
- GOOGLE+ – Share at least 1 of someone else’s post to public every day.
- GOOGLE+- Share at least one of someone else’s post to one of my collections each day.
- FACEBOOK – Share something on my business page from my “saved” posts each day.
Facebook Groups: Try one per week and monitor results.
- Yummly Sharing Group
- Pinning for Pinterest
- Grow Your Blog
- Share My Post:
- Show Me The Facebook Love
$$ Spent on Promotions and Results:
- FACEBOOK – $1.40 (in the middle of a campaign)
- PINTEREST- $23 Chicken Ranch Dip, results:
Posts I’d like to cook again, photograph again to revive due to horrific photos, etc.
- FACEBOOK: 2,335 (+5)
- PINTEREST: 6,926 (+83)
- G+: 26,228
- G+ COOKING ON THE RANCH COLLECTION: 32,751
- G+ TOTAL IMPRESSIONS: 2, 410,248
- TWITTER: 1,563
- INSTAGRAM: 184
- EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS: 877 (+8)
- BOUNCE RATE (trying to reduce): 85%
You Can’t Eat Like This Unless You
- Yoga – once per week
- Personal Trainer – twice per week
- Walk 1 1/2 miles every day
#Dogwood photography challenge
I’m so far behind. Do two challenges a week to catch up. I hate committing and not following through.