This is a “to-do” plan for my blog. An outline for the week, some time blocking, some goals, all steps to grow my blog.
In other words, GET ORGANIZED and stick to it.
Each Sunday I will make a plan for for the upcoming week post that outline here. The purpose is to keep myself accountable. By the time you see this post, you will be seeing that plan and the accomplishments from that week.
After all, as goal-setting experts advise, put it out there, it helps with accountability.
Grow My Blog: Cooking On The Ranch. Western Flair, Rocky Mountain Air…Let’s Cook
$$ Spent on Promotions and Results:
- FACEBOOK – Re-targeted Ad. – Started today. To spend $40
I really liked this article on re-targeted advertising from Mail Munch. Place ad on Facebook this week promoting my page, not an individual post.
Something happened that the ad didn’t run. Try again for this week.
These are the ads I’ve placed so far on my blog. Income. (1 Change From Week One)
GOOGLE: CPA (cost per action)
- 1 small banner ad in center of post
GOURMET ADS: CPM (per impression)
- 1 ad on sidebar
- 1 banner ad above blog
THE DAILY MEAL:
- 1 banner in the Footer of my blog. I’m not sure what this does. Research on what the benefits are.
I have applied for BLOGHER Network for Advertising income. DONE Week five and I’m still waiting. 🙂
I have a banner on my side bar from Foodie Blogroll. Applied for Publisher Program. Week one, still waiting.
I’m new at partnering with Affiliates. Starting out slow. (No change from Week One)
- Commission Junction, Sur-la-table Affiliate
- Amazon Affiliate: straight commission
- 1 square ad at bottom of post
- Ad in mail chimp campaign
Read how to increase your mail subscription list
Read Pat Flynn’s How to Grow Subscribers by using challenges.
Read from Ahalogy about the changes that Pinterest is going through.
Great read about utilizing sidebars. I’ve easily implemented a Cinco recipe sidebar,
Facebook Groups: Try one per week and monitor results.
- Yummly Sharing Group – 4/5 posted my Hatch Green Chile Pasta and started sharing. 16 people yummed my post.
- Grow Your Blog -week of 4/11
- Monday: posted Three Cheese Chicken Lasagna. This is an easier challenge. Pinterest. You only need to pin 10 from the submissions. Not everyone’s. I received 11 repins.
- Tuesday: Facebook. All or nothing. Visit each page, like two posts, comment on one. I tagged my Coors Field Taco Dog to be at the top of my page. I received 32 likes, 20-ish comments and 9 new page likes. I’d say that was worth the 30 minute time investment.
- Share My Post:
- Show Me The Facebook Love
- Culinary Club Network – I posted my first recipe in this group, 4/18. Colorado Creme.
- FACEBOOK: 2,365 (+11)
- PINTEREST: 7,176 (+57) 7176
- G+: 26,260 (+6) ?
- G+ COOKING ON THE RANCH COLLECTION: 42,465 (+5,320)
- G+ TOTAL IMPRESSIONS: 2, 410,248 (couldn’t find, have they taken it away)
- TWITTER: 1,609 (+22)
- INSTAGRAM: 190 (-1)
- EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS: 953 (+19) 953
- BOUNCE RATE (trying to reduce): 84% (same as last week)
Good Article about optimizing side bar content: http://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/12-wordpress-sidebar-tricks-to-get-maximum-results/ Impliment some of those.
I’d like to decrease my bounce rate. To do that I need to keep people on my site longer. Study Pinterest, find popular post for the week and edit that post to direct to a similar recipe or “make it a meal” complimentary recipe.
Bounce rate has been down from 85% to 84% this week. It needs to be around 40%
- Hatch Green Chile Pasta 4/1 DONE
- Coors Field Chorizo Dog, Opening Day 4/8 DONE
- The Bee Cheese – 4/20 – DONE
- “Spring” Sunday Supper – April 17, Colorado Creme dessert – DONE
- Beef Machaca – April 24 – DONE
- Crock Pot Cream Corn – April 20 – DONE
- French Cocktail Sauce Recipe – May 1 – DONE
- Dolores’s Broken Hearted Chicken
- Shrimp Romesco Bites – May 15
- Stubbs Promotion, BBQ Chicken breast with chop salad
- Sprouts Market – Burger Sauce (promoted)
- Mexican Spice Rubbed Rib Eyes
- Mesa Verde Flank Steak
- Breakfast enchiladas
- Old Fashioned Green Beans
- PINTEREST – On remote with Boardbooster and Tailwind
- GOOGLE+ – Add two old posts to my blog collection.
- GOOGLE+ – Share at least 1 of someone else’s post to public every day.
- GOOGLE+- Share at least one of someone else’s post to one of my collections each day.
- FACEBOOK – Share something on my business page from my “saved” posts each day.
Posts I’d like to cook again, photograph again to revive due to horrific photos, etc.
You Can’t Eat Like This Unless You
- Yoga – once per week DONE
- Personal Trainer – twice per week –
- Walk 1 1/2 miles every day – DONE
#Dogwood52 photography challenge
I’m so far behind. Do two challenges a week to catch up. I hate committing and not following through.
This week I complete Metal.